Onderwerp bekijken
 Onderwerp afdrukken
Fred WEINHOLTZ
Frouwke
#1 Bericht afdrukken
Geplaatst op 23-08-2016 11:10
Lid

Sinds: 01.09.08

Van de IGC president, Eric Mozer kreeg ik het volgende bericht. Een bijzonder man is heengegaan...

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness that I need to inform you of the death of on 21 August of one of Glidings' great persons, IGC Secretary of Honour Fred Weinholz (GER). Fred devoted his life to our beloved sport of Gliding and was instrumental in the formation of the Club Class and was a great friend of the Womenís movement in gliding. Fred served as IGC Secretary for many years and upon his retirement was named IGC Secretary of Honour. Even in retirement from his duties at IGC, Fred continued his work with gliding and consulted with the IGC Bureau on many projects. Mr. Weinholtz had just recently achieved his 90th birthday.

Respectfully,

Eric Mozer

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends

We are very saddened to hear this news.

Fred was a very special person. Fred flew in very adverse times, experiencing the Second World War. In 1995 I was privileged to be the operations director for the WGC in Omarama, New Zealand.

We had a low and powerful display over the airfield by the Tim Wallis (NZ Warbirds) with a spitfire on one of the competition days. Fred was standing by my side and his comment was "does he not know the war is over?" Fred was visibly moved by this display and I can only surmise the life experiences that he brought into that comment.

Fred has survived some of life's most challenging experiences and we wish him a peaceful and well deserved rest as the last chapter in a very full and influential life.

Best regards
Bob & Eileen Henderson
Gewijzigd door Frouwke op 23-08-2016 11:12

webmaster
#2 Bericht afdrukken
Geplaatst op 23-08-2016 12:29

Superbeheerder

Sinds: 21.08.08

Weinholtz is ook de auteur van de zweefvlieg overlandbijbel (70-er jaren) "Grundtheorie des modernen Strecken-Segelfluges".

Lees ook:
- http://www.nw.de/...t-tot.html
- http://www.luftsp...mp;idp=541

www.nw.de/_em_daten/_cache/image/1xug1YzHY7sqcSe9NO07qX5B6ndJoWkDmI7KvtkAK04-Mg6iKh-W9EVbDqXwtSfNP8sghS0F4rGxBPAvA4loyKwcDYSU-ZQW0c/160821-1942-46aaaaee31bd6d8c.jpg

www.artybees.co.nz/sites/default/files/imagecache/product/product_covers/74070_Weinholtz-Fred_The-Theory-of-Modern-Cross-country-Gliding.jpg

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41w1utAJu%2BL.jpg

www.zweefportaal.nl
Deel onderwerp met:

Spring naar forum:
Verwerkingstijd: 0.05 seconden